Saturday, October 3, 2009

I has a unemployment.

This week I was laid off from the firm where I have worked for the past 2-1/2 years. We knew in January that this would be a tough year, but hoped that there would be sufficient work to see us through the end of the year, and that prospects would improve in the beginning of '10. Unfortunately, new projects have been rare, and some existing ones were put on hold. I feel fortunate to have lasted this long, as I have many friends who have been laid off over the last year.

So, now it's time to rewrite the resume, reorganize, and gather things into the portfolio. It is easy to neglect all of the disorganized piles of photos and drawings of projects that accumulate as a matter of course, until they are needed in times like this. I have time enough and incentive to go through them now, though, and The Orangerie will be a convenient place to post some of it in a place that other people can easily visit. (I swear that most of my family has only a vague idea about what I do.)

1 comment:

  1. Try explaining software development to your parents. I sympathize.

    ReplyDelete